Wolf Care USA
New Hampshire, USA$995.00
This amazing project in the American State of New Hampshire and gives you the opportunity to care for wolves and other canines! Live of the grid surrounded by nature and help with the day to day activities involved of running a center that takes in wolves, Coyotes and wolf-dogs!
Volunteer at a sanctuary for displaced, unwanted, and un-releasable captive-bred wolves, wolf-dogs, and other related species while living off the grid surrounded by beautiful nature! This project is in need of your help all year round! This project is located in the remote, amazing and beautiful White Mountains of the USA! The work with the wildlife at the centre is physically demanding and it is by no means an’ easy holiday option’ and you will be involved in animal care, food preparation, cleaning, maintenance and educating the public!
Keep in mind that this project only accepts male applicants and this is due to the accommodation arrangements.
This Is Why
- Help at wolf rescue and care center and get involved with these mysterious creatures!
- Learn about the care and habits of wolves
- Educate the public
- Live & volunteer for 6 - 12 weeks off the grid surrounded by nature
- Key Start Dates
All year round!
- Volunteer duration
6 - 12 weeks
- Package Price
6 week 995 US$
8 weeks 1095US$
10 weeks 1195 US$
12 weeks 1295 US$
- Average Work hours
Varies, around 45 hours per week and 5 - 6 days per week.
- Number of Volunteers
- Volunteer accommodation
- Housing Type
Back to basic Trailers with kitchen and washing facilities
- Internet Access
- Who Are They Looking For?
Love of the outdoors and a passion for wildlife is a priority. You should not be fussy, picky or hypersensitive about cleaning as this is one of the main chores. We will not tolerate smoking, alcohol or the use of drugs. Please remember that you are a guest, therefore, respecting the rules is essential. Probably not the best place to volunteer if you are a vegetarian.
Fast Facts: USA
Where? North America, USA
Country Size: 9,826,675 km2
3,794,101 sq mi
Population density? 33.7/km2
Country Famous for? Statue of Liberty, Yellowstone National Park, Old West, Rocky Mountains, Hamburgers & Hotdogs, Everglades, Alligators, Hawaii, Vulcano's, New York, Statue of Liberty, Las Vegas, Hollywood
When to visit: All year round, many activities all year round with great mixture culture and nature!
- What's Included
Wolf Care USA
- Airport Pickup
We will be waiting for you at the airport and transfer you to your at the volunteer project.
Back to basic Trailers with Ktichen and washing facilities
Groceries are provided but you will have to do the cooking with the other volunteers
- Ongoing service
If there are any problems with your volunteer project we are always there to help you and mediate between yourself and the organization.
Through FRONTEERING you have the possibility to book tours in the USA after you have finished your volunteer project.
- 24/7 Emergency contact
If there are any problems during you stay in Vancouver you can reach us 24/7 to assist you.
What's not included: Flights, Insurance, Meals
06 Weeks: $995.00 US
08 Weeks: $1095.00 US
10 Weeks: $1195.00 US
12 Weeks: $1295.00 US
The tasks usually include watering and feeding the wolves which gets complicated in the winter months because the water and raw meat freezes and has to be defrosted. The meat needs to be cut up which also takes some strength when the meat is frozen. Poop pick up occurs daily. Your main tasks will mainly consist out of the following but are not limited to:
- food preparation (lot's of meat preparation every day)
- Animal care (this includes walking some of the more social animals, cleaning enclosures, changing waters, feeding, and socializing with those animals who enjoy human interaction)
- Educating the public
- Build and maintain animal enclosures
- Requirements, Guidelines & Policies
- Volunteers must be atleast 18 years or older and must be male.
- Volunteers must commit for 6 weeks or more
- There is no alcohol or drug use permitted on the property
- No interaction is permitted unless by express permission of the staff
- When inside wolf enclosures you will not be able to wear shorts, earrings or other body piercings, or other jewelry that cannot be tucked in or covered
- Strong work ethics are required: reliable, responsible, honest, good sense of humour, dependable, physically and mentally fit
- No animal allergies
- Must have tetanus vaccination and health insurance
- Dedication to the work, purpose, mission, and philosophy of the organization
- Volunteer Benefits
- The opportunity to volunteer with and learn about Wolves
- The opportunity to volunteer with a great team of staff and other volunteers
- The opportunity to explore the beautiful White Mountains
- Fast Facts
- Project location
New Hampshire, USA
- Area Famous For
White Mountains, Ocean, Manchester, wintersports, wildlife viewing, for 84% covered in forest
- When to visit
Great weather all year round for different activities!
- Wildlife viewing
Good opportunties to see Coyotes, Black Bears, Eagles, Owls, raccoons, skunks, deer
- Project location
- Itinerary & Details
Day 1 - Arrive in the Manchester;
You will arrive in Manchester, USA where you will be met at the airport and transferred to your accommodation at the project.
For 6 - 12 weeks – Care for wolves and educate the public!
For 6 to 12 weeks you will have a great time working directly with wolves and wolf-dogs, educating the public and helping with other day to day activities.
Your last day - you will transfer back to the airport to take a flight back home. Of course it is possible to extend your stay in and travel around; we can help you with trips and/or accommodation you would like to arrange.
We have transportation available and the guys go into town for shopping at least once per week. There is a trailer with a kitchen and the person is welcome to cook and keep food in the cupboards and fridge.
Things to bring from home
- Clothes for cold temperatures as well as for summer for warm temperatures. Make these clothes are allowed to get dirty. Make sure to bring gloves, a toque and warm socks with you.
- Comfortable walking shoes are essential, and you should also pack a raincoat and some sun block
- Linen and towels will be provided.
Food will be provided however you will have to do the cooking yourself. While some groups of volunteers have elected to cook group meals for one another, you are generally expected to feed yourself.
The Wolf center is located in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. It is quite isolated so please keep this in mind. If you are not comfortable with the idea of living in an remote location, this is not the right volunteer opportunity for you.
The stay on the wolf care project was really nice! I learned a lot and did a lot construction on the property because they are there just since September! it was very cold and we had 3 feet of fresh snow in the first two weeks.
I'm right now in los Angeles after I have been in new york and Chicago!